There I was waiting to find out who the "unsub" was so I could blog and twitter and help promote them.... Time comes around and click on the link and my jaw drops! Naw.. I must have clicked wrong... I go back and click again... Naw.. It can't be!.. I go to the AFSneakers ning and ask if I am seeing what I'm seeing?! and Then I get floored.. I was the ambushed "unsub"!!
I am amazed at all the wonderful people who have purchased, promoted and commented on my work! I want to thank each and every one of you! I will be creating and packing all items ordered tomorrow and hope to have them all at the Post Office by Thursday.
I am always willing to make special custom orders so if you see something you would like to have but it is in the wrong size please let me know! If I have a photo on my flickr account that you would like again Please tell me! I post many things on flickr and if I do not get any comments or replies to the photo I tend not to list it in the shop.
As I'm not the best writer on the net I thought this post explained AFSneakers best!
written and posted by JenniuneCandles
Who exactly are the "Artfire Sneakers"?
They are a group of Artfire Artisans that wanted to purchase from and promote Artfire sellers that had yet to receive many sales, but still remained positive. So, they decided to get a group together to try and bring sales and exposure to different sellers each week.
Every Tuesday at 8pm CST the "Un-sub" is announced on the Artfire Sneaker's website and then everyone who is able to purchase an item from the "unsub" can do so at that time. But, if purchasing is not an option, promotion is greatly appreciated and encouraged! With all of the social outlets available, promotion will likely lead to sales and broader exposure for the "unsub".
The bottom line is...the "Sneakers" hope that their efforts will help encourage sellers that may be discouraged with a lack of sales. What a great community!
Here's a couple of interesting tidbits too! The great thing about the "Sneakers" and Artfire is that you are not required to be a member of either in order to participate and/or purchase every week. It's a perfect match really.
How is the "unsub" chosen, you ask?
Well...they assign everyone in Artfire a number, put them in a hat, and....just kidding!
Actually, each week a different member of the council is selected as the designated sneaker (they are chosen in order of when they joined the council - at this time they are not taking new council members). When searching for an un-sub the designated sneaker will be looking for:
* A Verified Artfire member that has been on Artfire for more than 2 months
* A studio with 2 or more pages of products/items
* A fully set-up and functional studio (banner, avatar, bio, etc. - it needs to look like they plan on sticking around for a while)
* A decent price range, preferably with a few items under the $10.00 range. (Occasionally a studio with higher priced products will be selected to make if fair for all un-subs, but studios with wide price ranges are needed in order for everyone to participate)
* A studio with 3 or less sales
* A studio that is not of the same genre as the 3 prior "unsubs" (in other words, a jewelry shop can't be picked 2 weeks in a row)
* and...a Verifed Artfire member that has been publicly optimistic about Artfire and their fellow Artisans.
There's one caveat though and it's most appropriate...
Artisans cannot volunteer to be "ambushed"
And, that's it. That's all there is to it! An absolutely awesome community effort to help each other out. You would think there would be alot of competition amongst the Artisans, especially among the Artisans that specialize in the same genre, but there isn't. Everyone pulls together and helps each other out and it's truly a pleasure to belong to not only the Artfire Sneakers, but to Artfire itself. "
9 hours ago